E-rate Application Filing Window Opens January 11
The E-rate FCC Form 471 application filing window has been announced! Schools have from January 11 until March 22, 2018, to submit their FCC Form 471 applications. Here’s what you need to know:
- E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) profiles will lock January 10: To prepare for the FCC Form 471 application filing on January 11, all EPC profiles will be locked January 10. Log into your EPC account now to make sure all information is updated and accurate.
- File FCC Form 470: Before you can file the FCC Form 471, you need to file the FCC Form 470. You do not need to wait until January 11 to do so. Remember, filing your FCC Form 470 starts the competitive bidding process, and since the form must be posted for a minimum of 28 days, you need to submit your FCC Form 470 by February 22 at the latest. Plan accordingly!
- File FCC Form 471: To request the discount on eligible products and services, you need to file the FCC Form 471. Once your FCC Form 470 has been posted for 28 days, you will select a vendor, calculate the costs of products and service, and outline the project timeline. Use this information to file FCC Form 471.
Why Bother Filing for E-rate?
Although the E-rate filing process may seem intimidating, it’s worth the effort! Wayne Highlands School District used Category Two funding to jump-start their vision of becoming a “smart” school district. By using their funding with Cisco Meraki, Wayne Highlands was able to:
- Achieve high-density bandwidth to optimize learning by deploying 320 wireless access points
- Launch a one-to-one digital learning environment and focus more time on implementing new learning applications and curriculum, and less time on network issues
- Incorporate new, vigorous education technology curriculum into K–12 lessons, including online videos, digital worksheets, and remote access to instructional content
Get Started on the E-rate Process
But don’t take it from us: hear Scott D. Miller, Director of Technology and Information Systems at Wayne Highland School District, explain it himself. Scott will be speaking on a live webinar on January 16 at 11 a.m. PT about his experience applying for and using E-rate to improve his network infrastructure with Cisco Meraki. He will be joined by John Harrington, CEO at Funds for Learning, who will discuss the upcoming E-rate deadlines in more detail and answer any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you at webinar — register now!
VISIT THE SOURCE ARTICLE
Author: Carly Botelho
Used with the permission of http://thenetwork.cisco.com/. Cisco reserves all rights in and to any Cisco logos, trademarks or trade names contained in any RSS/JS feed, and your right to use these Cisco logos, trademarks or trade names is limited to providing attribution in connection with these RSS/JS feeds.